So…It seems that I haven’t posted anything here in about a year. Yeah–I got distracted. I started working on non-Weylan Yutani (GASP!) type projects. I spent some time working on designing a motion sensing sound board for a light saber, some more time being obsessed with Victorian Era British Militaria, took a trip to Alaska, etc. In short I got distracted by other projects that have nothing to do with the Weylan-Yutani / Alien franchises. I’ve also lost a lot of working space, which has made finding the space to work on big projects very difficult.
My last post here was about getting started on the EVA suit, but that project is going to require a lot of space to lay things out, which just isn’t available right now, so that got set aside. It is amazing how time flies, because a whole year has blown by, and there is now less than a year left to prepare for DragonCon 2017.
I’ve got a list of projects I want to complete for 2017:
- Remake the gold wings for my Nostromo costume in a more screen accurate fashion.
- Build the Nostromo headset (possibly including BlueTooth connection to my cellphone to make it functional.)
- Finish the 3D model and complete prototyping of the Nostromo watch.
- Continue upgrading my Nostromo costume with small bits such as pen lights in pockets, finding the correct belt buckle, etc.
- Complete my light saber build and put together a Jedi costume.
- At least get started on the EVA suit build. I don’t think I have time to complete it anymore…BLEH
- Help my wife with any costuming projects she decides to undertake.
I’m sure the list will grow. I need to find the space and get going…